A quick snippet of news today will highlight issues like ‘the big melt’, ‘mega droughts’, ‘hurricanes, typhoons and snow storms’, and so on. We all know what is happening, we all know why it is happening, and it appears to be a central theme of which we all know as ‘Global Warming’.
But enough of the problems, lets come up with solutions now!
Addressing global warming will encompass a bunch of solutions – all of which exist right now.
It is essential for us to make a difference, own a stance, and act upon it. This post will highlight how we can play a role in fixing this issue before this planet is destroyed. One of the biggest ways we can positively change this misfortune is by ‘Speaking up’. We can encourage our families and friends to opt for renewable energies like solar, wind, biomass and geothermal. More importantly, we can encourage them to recycle!
There are a variety of reasons which drive us to push to practice environmental awareness and ‘go green’. While nature preservation is one of them, guaranteeing monetary and social prosperity, mental and physical wellbeing, and a reasonable future for people are some reasons to be motivated.
The little things make a big impact
Think about this, the smallest actions have the biggest reactions. Allow me to call out a few relatable cases:
- LED lightbulbs use up to 80 percent less energy than conventional incandescent. They’re also cheaper in the long run
- Carpooling instead of driving alone, cycling or using public transportation
- Frequently ensuring your car tires are gassed up, this can improve car mileage by 3% which directly impacts the emissions from burning more fuel
- Using less hot water by taking a shorter shower, washing your clothes in cold vs. hot water
- Avoiding products with a lot of packaging as this just leads to more garbage building up
- Plant a tree
- Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer, when you’re not using them, will save you thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year
- And a lot more….
Forward thinking for the future..
Going green is a forward thinking approach. You need to understand how best you can play a role in its development and sustainability.
Get a Home Energy Audit Done: You can connect with a home energy audit company who can audit your home to help you identify areas that consume a lot of energy and are not energy efficient at all
Look for Renewable Fuel Options: It is important to understand that renewable energy resources exist over wide geological territories. If you can’t afford an electric car, you can always opt for an alternate which is a car that probably utilizes the cleanest gasoline. When you go car shopping, understand the array of beneficial options that provide renewable fuel. Although it may look to be an expensive investment, you are on the ground level of forwarding thinking
If you are re-doing your house, you could try small by turning one room in to a green friendly room. If You are buying a new house, you could look at developers who imbibe green in their infrastructure
Think about this, by ramping up renewable energy, we can:
- Reduce air pollution
- Cut global warming emissions
- Create new jobs and industries
- Diversify our power supply
- Decrease dependence on coal and other fossil fuels
Remember that Renewable energy sources spans back in to the historical ages where biomass was used for heating and cooking. Its an evolution but it did exist.
It only takes ONE to make a difference
We could have a chance of moving towards a sustainable green environment which encompasses of low/no impact on nature and humans. In fact, with this movement we may reach a point where energy is cheap, sustainable and available to everyone in abundance everywhere. Does this sound too good to be true? Go ahead, prove me wrong by trying it.